De Proeffabriek is looking for a junior project manager to support the activities for two European projects addressing the societal implications of nanotechnology: GoNano and NANORIGO.
- Organising international expert meetings on the societal aspects of nanotechnology.
- Organising regular physical and online meetings with a European network of project partners.
- Writing policy reports with recommendations for European policy makers, researchers and producers.
- Representing the European projects during relevant international events.
- Maintaining a European network of researchers, producers, policy makers and non-governmental organisations working in the area of nanotechnology.
- Providing support with drafting new project proposals.
- A combined background in nanotechnology or similar study and the social or human sciences at Master- or PhD-level.
- Excellent control of the English language in speech and writing (English will be the main language).
- Excellent communicative and networking skills.
- Flexible and autonomous attitude.
- Readiness to travel abroad regularly .
- Experience with WordPress and social media is a plus.
- A one-year contract for 40 hours per week (1,0 FTE), with the possibility to extend the contract (a part-time position may be negotiable);
- Gross salary, depending on background and experience, between €2.709,- and €4.274,- per month on the basis of 40 hours per week, in accordance with scale 10 of the VSNU.
- A holiday allowance of 8% per year of the gross salary.
- De Proeffabriek is located in Arnhem, flex-work is negotiable.
About De Proeffabriek, GoNano and NANORIGO
De Proeffabriek (DPF) is a consultancy for responsible innovation. DPF focuses on social value creation in research and innovation: we work with researchers, innovators and policy makers to realise social and environmental benefits in addition to economic gain. See: http://proeffabriek.nl/
The EU-funded GoNano project enables co-creation between citizens, researchers, industry, civil society organisations, and policy makers across Europe to align future nanotechnologies with societal needs and concerns. See: http://gonano-project.eu/.
NANORIGO (NANOtechnology RIsk Governance) aims to develop and implement a transparent, transdisciplinary and science-based Risk Governance Framework (RGF) for managing nanotechnology risks regarding social, environmental and economic benefits: https://cordis.europa.eu/projects/en.
Please contact dr Daan Schuurbiers, director of De Proeffabriek for further information (06-14365216, email@example.com).
Candidates are requested to send their CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1 July 2019. The job interviews will be held in the first week of July.
Download the English text in pdf here: Job vacancy – junior project manager – De Proeffabriek – ENG (pdf)
Download the Dutch description in pdf here: Vacature – junior projectmanager – De Proeffabriek – NL (pdf)